Resources for Faculty and Staff
Faculty Human Resources:
Devyn Barnhart, (email@example.com), HR Manager is responsible for processing all Department of Pathology faculty academic and medical staff appointments, and serves as the faculty's primary point of contact with the School of Medicine Dean's Office of Academic Appointments & Compensation and UW Academic Human Resources (AHR).
Frequently requested forms and information
- Appointments and Promotions (A&P)
- Outside Work for Compensation Approval
- FY 2019-2020 Faculty Expectations
- University of Washington Faculty Code
- Process for requesting FMLA
- Paid Professional Leave
- Sample CV
- UW Medicine email signature template
- Reimbursement Request Form
- Reimbursement of Washington State License
- Request for Travel and Estimated Expenses Form
- MyResearch Project Lifestyle
- MyResearch Portal
- How to use Cloud Drives for UW data storage
- UW Zoom Pro FAQs
- Online Learning and Research Resources
Research with human subjects, medical records, and specimens
- IRB Assistance – Erica Jonlin presentation
- Human Subjects Division
- Department-Wide Blanket IRB application to screen medical records for research purposes
- Approved IRB application
- Blanket IRB Approval Letter
- Powerpoint explanation of what the blanket IRB protocol covers, and how to do HIPAA-required reporting
- Reporting to UW Compliance which patient records you viewed (required as per HIPAA)
- Template for accounting for which patient records you viewed
- NWBioSpecimen - Request laboratory services using materials from pathology archives (case slides and blocks) or fresh tissue.
Workday is UW’s campus-wide system for human resources, payroll and benefits.
MyUW is a tool for accessing UW web resources that you use most.
CareLink is a resource that offers confidential counseling and other assistance to University of Washington faculty and staff.
SafeCampus is a program that is staffed by trained experts to assist with potentially violent situations and provide resources to other UW services.
Information on U-Pass and parking services.
The Tuition Exemption Program is offered to faculty and staff who have a minimum 50% FTE appointment with the University of Washington.