JEDI Education Resources
- “Fund Black scientists” in Cell by faculty member Dr. Kelly R. Stevens along with a nationwide network of BioMedical Engineering (BME) women faculty. “Our nationwide network of BME women faculty collectively argue that racial funding disparity by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) remains the most insidious barrier to the success of Black faculty in our profession. We thus refocus attention on this critical barrier and suggest solutions on how it can be dismantled.”
- "Anti-racist interventions to transform ecology, evolution and conservation biology departments" in Nature.
- "How to begin building a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in your research group" in Science.
- "The importance of diversity and outreach in geroscience research: Insights from the Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students" A publication by one of our members, MB Lee (together with other trainees), addresses the importance of diversity and outreach in geroscience research.
- "From DEI to JEDI" in Diverse Education.
- "Inclusivity for all: How to make your research group accessible" in Science.
- "Celebrating Black History Month" in The Huddle
- "Dismantling Barriers That Hold Black STEM Faculty Back." Lola Eniola-Adefeso, PhD. University of Michigan.
- "The Problem with Race-Based Medicine." Professor Dorothy Roberts. TED.
- Pathology Presents “Systemic Racism is the Risk Factor: Understanding and Addressing Racial Inequities in Health.” Jacques Colon, Strategic Manager for the City of Tacoma.
- Laboratory Medicine Grand Rounds "Equity Diversity & Inclusion: The ACGME Mandate and Hopeful Solutions." Byron D. Joyner, MD, MPA. Vice Dean for GME & DIO. University of Washington School Of Medicine .
- Inside the Lab S2Ep8: "The Intersection of Wellness and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion" with Professor Emeritus Melissa Upton, MD, FASCP.