Clients will be billed monthly by an itemized invoice that includes the date, patient's name, specimen identification number, test performed, and the fee for each specimen completed during the month. Please note that our terms are payable upon receipt. If you have any questions pertaining to your account, please notify us immediately at 206.520.8900 so that we may resolve them in a timely manner. Any adjustments will appear on the following month's statements.
Need assistance? Contact us. If you are having difficulty paying your bill or accessing the billing portal website, or if you believe you have paid in error and want to inquire about a refund, please contact Billing directly at 206.520.8900, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Out of Region Client Billing
Client Accounts Services is not able to provide third party billing for out of region clients. All laboratory work that is ordered from out of region locations will be billed directly to the ordering location.
Third Party Billing
Client Account Services is enrolled with a large number of private insurance companies and managed care organizations. As a service to your patients, and in compliance with agreements established with insurance and managed care companies, Client Account Services is able to bill your patient's primary insurance or managed care organization. Third party billing must be prearranged and Client Account Services must be provided with complete and accurate billing information.
The following information must be provided in order to process a claim. If any of the information is missing or inaccurate, Client Account Services will bill the ordering location.
- Patient's complete name & date of birth
- Patient's telephone number
- Responsibility party's/insured's name if other than patient
- Patient's complete mailing address or responsible party's/insured's name if indicated above
- Referring physician's name - last, first, middle initial
- Referring physician's UPIN or provider number that corresponds to Medicare, Medicaid, or the applicable insurance/managed care (HMO) code/company
- List all applicable diagnosis codes to their highest level of specificity
- Complete name of the insurance company and address.
- Medicare, Medicaid, or insurance/managed care (HMO) insured ID member number as it appears on the insurance card
- Group/policy number as it appears on the insurance card
- Employer's name
Laboratory Medicine Billing Contact
Office Hours: M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
P.O. Box 9468
Seattle WA 98109-0468
UW Campus Mailbox: 357110