Research Testing Service (RTS)
The University of Washington (UW) CLIA‑licensed and CAP‑accredited Clinical Laboratories are housed within the DLMP and provide state‑of‑the‑art diagnostic test results to medical providers. As a service to the academic community, the DLMP also provides phlebotomy, specimen processing, and clinical and research testing at special research rates to University of Washington‑affiliated investigators* through the Research Testing Service (RTS).
Investigators outside of the University of Washington and affiliated institutions can access our testing services through a Laboratory Services Agreement. Please contact Kim van Leuven (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about this possibility.
NOTE: All human research studies with clinical test results to be included in the patient medical record must go through UW Medicine Clinical Research Budget and Billing (CRBB). In addition, any research studies requiring clinical turnaround times for test results will likely need to utilize this pathway.
*University of Washington affiliated investigators include individuals with appointments at University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle Children's Hospital, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Bloodworks Northwest, and the VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
Research Testing Service Offerings
- Clinical Laboratory tests (CLIA‑licensed testing)
- Tests listed in the UW Laboratory Medicine Online Test Guide (OLTG)
- Note: some tests listed in the OLTG (which are conducted at external reference laboratories) may not be available through RTS. Please inquire.
- Research tests not listed in the Online Test Guide (not CLIA‑licensed)
- Upon request, must be arranged individually.
- Processing and (limited) storage
- Combinations of the above services