One Year of COVID-19 Testing
February 26, 2021 in COVID-19
As of February 25, we’ve run over 2,000,000 COVID-19 tests since the pandemic began in March (clinical samples only; does not include research samples).
“This has been an amazing effort by the entire UW Virology team. There have been a lot of tough days and long nights, but our staff can take pride in the contribution our testing has made in keeping Washington COVID rates among the lowest in the nation.” – Dr. Keith Jerome, head of Virology
We’ve rounded up more resources to keep you updated on our efforts and recommendations.
- Drs. Greninger and Roychoudhury were interviewed by KOMO on the latest virus sequencing efforts
- Drs. Greninger and Roychoudhury discuss tracking the COVI-19 variant across Puget Sound with KOMO. "Greninger said the UW virology lab has run 1.8 million COVID tests since the beginning of the pandemic. He said that’s more than they would typically run over a 38-year-span."
- Dr. Greninger reviews the three new COVID-19 variants in this Right as Rain article
- Dr. Greninger discusses the West Coast COVID-19 variant on KIRO 7
- Dr. Roychoudhury stresses the importance of genomic surveillance by sequencing in this GeekWire article
View our COVID-19 dashboard and check out this video from UW Medicine to get a behind-the-scenes look at our Virology Lab. Learn how to get tested at the drive-thru COVID-19 testing site at Husky Stadium on UW Medicine's YouTube channel.
Follow us on Twitter @uwlabmedpath and @UWVirology for the latest news and updates. And as always, please wear a mask and keep your distance.